Benefits of Massage
Frequent or unrelenting daily stress can damage your body, ultimately leading to chronic discomfort or pain. Stress is a contributing factor in most diseases, illness’ and many chronic pain symptoms. Massage and exercise can address these issues. Massage and exercise provide many overlapping benefits, making massage and exercise a perfect combination for a healthier and fitter lifestyle. Massage is beneficial throughout all stages of life, from newborns to the elderly. The benefits of massage (physically, emotionally and psychologically) are numerous and varied; here are but a few of the many benefits of massage:
- Stress management
- Emotional relief
- Muscle toning & relaxation
- Improved range of motion
- Increased joint flexibility
- Increased circulation
- Improved heart health
- Improved recovery time between strenuous activities, such as workouts.
- Injury prevention & quicker recovery
- Reduction of scar tissue after an injury
- Pain relief, including chronic pain, through the release of endorphins
- Increased defense against illnesses and disease, through the release of lymph, the body’s natural defense system against disease and illness.
- Increased energy
- Enhanced well being